Sunday, July 21, 2019

Vintage Audio Sighting: Bradford AM-FM Receiver with 8-Track

Sometimes I think the supply of vintage stereo equipment is dwindling in our local thrift stores.  However, I did spot this Bradford ICT FET AM-FM receiver with built in 8 track player recently.  Bradford was the store brand for the Grants or W.T. Grants department store chain.  Grants was founded in 1906 and operated until 1976.  The department stores were a fixture in the downtown area of most American cities.


I couldn't test this unit out because it there weren't any speakers, speaker wires, or even headphones on sale.  However, since belts deteriorate over time,  it's pretty unlikely that the 8-track would have worked. 



It would have been fun to see the lights glow.  Since the price was around $10, I probably could have picked it up.  But, I don't have any electronics repair skills and I don't have a dedicated workspace.


Bradford stereos were made in Japan and mentions in online forums are largely positive.  I'm sure this unit would have had plenty of old school power for an apartment with 60 watts of power.


The unit had auxiliary inputs and outputs for speakers galore.


1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people.
    U.S.A

    ReplyDelete