Sunday, December 13, 2015

Vintage Receiver Review: Technics SA-160


For the last few months, I have used a Technics SA-160 receiver as a bedroom unit.  I found it for less than $20 at Goodwill.  I snatched it up because the balance was slightly off and a couple of LEDs were burnt out on my Sony unit.
The Technics SA-160  is less powerful than the Sony.  But, certainly does well as a secondary unit. 
 

Serious audiophiles will probably scoff at this receiver.  For example, this poster on Head-Fi pronounced it black plastic crap

However, in the dirt cheap audio space, working trumps all specifications.  Since space is at a premium in our new space, I'll probably re-donate this unit and use a micro system or radio instead.  I have a couple that work really well.


No comments:

Post a Comment