Monday, March 23, 2015

My Thrift Store Yamaha Multi disc CD Player

Oops, I did it again!  I bought a Yamaha Multidisc CD player at the thrift store for $11.  I shouldn't have done it.  I've advised against it on many occasions. But, I couldn't resist the low price tag.  

 
My grandmother-in-law used to say, "Those who don't listen have to feel." 

I've mentioned before that used multi disc CD players are not a good deal.  There is just too much that can go wrong.  But, since I didn't listen, I have to feel.  The door to this CD player won't open and it gets stuck playing the same spot on the CD over and over.


Of course, with every stupid move, there is an opportunity to learn something.  So, I've taken the opportunity to look at the inside of a multi disc CD player. 

Lesson #1: When the Goodwill guy says they test all the electronics at a particular store: Disbelieve.

To learn more, I watched a couple of YouTube video to become an expert.
Then, I disassembled the CD player and cleaned the laser with an eyeglass wipe.  According to Youtube, you too can easily fix complicated electronics containing lasers.

 
Lesson #2:  Watching a Youtube Video to learn something is only slightly more effective than staying at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

After completing the painstaking Cleaning process, I put CD's back in the player and it did the same damn thing.  So, I gave up and hooked up a single disc CD player that I bought months ago.

Lesson #3:  If your CD player was made in 1993, you need a new one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment