Sunday, January 25, 2015

Memorex Boombox Review

I know a lot of folks stream media from their phones and other devices when they are working.  But, I rely on a rather old school technology for music while I work.  It's a Memorex AM/FM Stereo Radio CD Cassette Recorder.  It's a boombox.


It's bulky enough to sit openly on my desk at work without walking away.  It plays my CD's and even tapes.  In my metal and glass office building, it gets a news radio station and a decent rock/pop station.  What more can I ask?  The structure of the building blocks radio signals pretty effectively.  However, I play a few tapes in it, listen to a few CD's, and catch traffic reports before I leave in the evenings.



On a recent Saturday, I found myself working alone in the office.  I popped in a CD with Bolero and the 1812 Overture.  It sounded great through the speakers. The conductor was Riccardo Muti and I may well have been playing the CD shown below. It was also a great way to speed up my extra work day.




No comments:

Post a Comment