Thursday, January 1, 2015

AccuRadio on New Years Morning

Happy New Year!  Last night, I listened to AccuRadio internet radio piped from my SmartPhone via RCA Y-cable through my Sony stereo.  It was the first night of 2015 and from midnight on, people thought it appropriate to celebrate the event with fireworks and/or celebratory gunfire.  It wasn't consistent, but the intermittent pops were enough to totally freak out our poor dog.

First, I tried the Spy Channel.  It's my favorite AccuRadio channel.  It plays nothing but Spy Movie and TV themes and music:  Peter Gunn, James Bond, Man from Uncle, I Spy, Mission Impossible, Austin Powers, etc.  It's a really good channel.  I tried grabbing our dog and holding him close while the music drowned out some of the pops.  That didn't work.  Perhaps the music was too dramatic?

Then, I tried the Relaxing Classical channel.  That played symphony music that was a bit mellow.  The poor dog left and slept in the bathroom.  But, I totally relaxed and fell asleep. I guess that is a partial success.

I really like AccuRadio because you don't have to fuss with a login and the interface is smooth.  You don't get hassled to constantly rate songs and it doesn't stop if you've listened for too long.  You should resolve to try it out this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment