Sunday, January 18, 2015

Goodwill Stereo Finds Go Fast: A Quick Dance with a Marantz

On Tuesday last week, I visited a brand new Goodwill on my lunch hour.  They had hust celebrated their grand opening.  The stereo section was chock full of interesting finds.


The coolest was a Marantz SR7000 AV Surround Receiver for $89.  I took a quick look at it.  If someone was willing to take a gamble, they might have found themselves a great deal.  The Marantz SR7000 is a 5.1-channel system putting out 100 watts per channel.  If you are the person who took a chance and bought the Marantz, here is the user manual for a Marantz SR7000.    For my low budget, I think $40 is about the most I will pay for a receiver.  In fact, I'd rather pay $30 or less.  I've just had too much bad luck with partially functioning gear.

Marantz SR7000 AV Surround Receiver
The Goodwill also had a cute pair of Advent bookshelf speakers for $25. However, I didn't have any extra cash.  (There is a reason that this is the "Dirt Cheap Audio Blog.")  I think if I was going to go for some bookshelf speakers I might try these instead:



When I popped back in on Thursday, the little Advent speakers were gone and someone was really looking closely at the Marantz receiver.  When it comes to Goodwill finds, if you snooze you lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment