Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thrift Store Stereo: Hitachi SR-804 Receiver

My quest for old stereos has slowed down a bit now that I have reliable Technics and Sony stereo systems.  However, I still test out any old system that I find on the Goodwill shelves.  On a recent run, I came across this vintage Hitachi SR-804 Receiver.  It has that silver face that everyone loves!

Hitachi SR-804 Receiver (Front)

Unfortunately, I could only get it to power one speaker.  I passed.  I don't need another semi-functional receiver to add to my pile of projects.

Hitachi SR-804 (Rear)
From what I've read on audiokarma.org this Hitachi unit is a surprisingly powerful receiver.  The unit is a Class G reciever that contains circuitry to double its output from 50 watts to 100 watts for peak demands.

For more information and specifications, check out this post on Stereonomono

No comments:

Post a Comment