Sunday, February 10, 2019

Thrift Store Stereo: Pioneer XR-P560F Bookshelf Stereo System

I ran across an interesting bookshelf stereo system the other day in my local thrift store.  It's a Pioneer XR-P560F Bookshelf Stereo System.  The system features a CD Changer that holds up to 25 CDs.



While we all live in a quiet world of earbuds and solitude, systems like these once gave everyone some serious stereo power in a compact package.  This system was $62 at my local thrift store.  The challenge would be to find one with a working CD player.  A 25-disc changer seems a bit dicey.


Of course, more modern systems offer things like Bluetooth and NFC connectivity.

1 comment:

  1. I bought one of these new which were over $500 at Circuit City back in the 90's. Those holes really put out some air. The main speakers had what seemed to be rather large range of motion. They were LOUD, and sounded fantastic. My 25 disc died so I ended up giving it away. I wish I had kept the speakers at least.

    ReplyDelete