Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Considering Fisher STV-753 Speakers

A couple of weeks ago, I ran across a pair of Fisher STV-753 speakers at a consignment shop (Revive Consignment).  They were in nearly perfect condition with only a few minor scuffs on the cabinets.  The speakers themselves looked practically new.  I almost bought them.  But, another set of huge speakers is the last thing I need to bring into our apartment.

Fisher STV-753 Speaker in Great Shape
The Fisher STV-753 is a 3-way, 100 watt, 8-ohm floorstanding  speaker.  According to the folks over on AudioKarma.org, Fisher speakers don't have much value to collectors.   Fisher made great products in the fifties and sixties. But. They were sold to Emerson and then to Sanyo beginning in 1969. By the time Fisher made the STV speakers they were merely a shadow of a once great hi-fi company.

However, if you are buying cheap speakers at a thrift store or garage sale and you aren't an audiophile, old Fisher speakers might be just fine for you.  It all depends on the condition of the speakers.  Dirt cheap is a virtue on this blog. I was pained to pass on the Fisher speakers I saw.  But, with my Cerwin-Vega speakers meeting my needs, I had to leave them for someone else.  I hope they sound as good as they look!

No comments:

Post a Comment