Saturday, March 29, 2014

Time to Get Into Vinyl Records

Recently, I've expanded my collection of home audio equipment to include a record player.  I lucked out at Goodwill and found a Radio Shack record player that was new in its box for only $15.  It was completely new!  I couldn't pass it up.  If nothing else, it would complete my journey into hipster-ism.  I added the record player to my bedroom mini-stereo and I've bought a few vinyl albums.  At the thrift store they are only 77 cents apiece.  Of course, you've got to dust them and make sure that they are free of egregious scratches that would induce skipping.  But, for the most part, they sound very good.


If you are looking for something new to add to your home stereo system, think old and add a turntable.  You might get into vinyl records and a whole new, old, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment