Friday, August 30, 2013

My Boom Box - It's a Memorex

From Goodwill it came and to Goodwill it went.  I decided to retire my little work stereo.  It was a JVC mini system with an AM/FM receiver, CD player, and cassette deck.  The CD player was flaky and the reception inside an office building was just o.k.  I didn't have any speakers hooked up to it.  It all went back to Goodwill.  All except the AM loop antenna.  I kept that for my stereo at home.

JVC Mini Stereo

Instead, I am using a Memorex Boom Box at work.  It is one compact package and it has an AM/FM receiver, CD player, and cassette deck.  As a boom box, this Memorex is a little tame.  However, it works well and, through ear buds, it sounds just as good as the mini system it replaced.  We've had it for many years and seldom used it.  At the office, I'm hoping the bright color and awkward shape will make it difficult for anyone to walk away with it.  I'm glad that this Memorex finally has a nitch after many years!

Memorex Boom Box
 Of course, boom boxes evolve over time and the one we have is no longer sold. But, several current boom boxes look similar and the latest Memorex even includes a jack for external inputs (like MP3 players).



No comments:

Post a Comment