Sunday, July 26, 2015

Record Recycling: Great Vinyl from the Thrift Store

Someone donated a fantastic vinyl record collection to Goodwill.  The collection featured great groups like Earth, Wind, and Fire.  I found Jazz masters like Thelonious Monk and Cannonball Adderly.  I recognized familiar blues kings like Albert Collins, Robert Cray, and Johnny Copeland collaborating on an album.  I picked up household names like Lou Rawls. Even Gladys Knight and the Pips were in the stacks of old vinyl.

These aren't the Eighties icons that formed the mainstays of my music collection.  But, I recognized some great groups.  When I get home, I'll get to listen to them.  So whomever you are who donated to Goodwill, thanks for making your donation and thanks for sharing your music.  It will play on!

No comments:

Post a Comment